Routine PKDL investigations of ward and O.P.D. patients for diagnosis, treatment and follow up studies of kala-azar/PKDL cases only.
1.Skin smear, Skin biopsy and Punch Biopsy collection for suspected PKDL Cases; 2.Leica DMLS research microscope with computer for image capturing; 3.Thermal Cycler (PCR) MWG Primus (Biotech); 4.Binocular Transmitted Light Microscopes and light microscopes (Zeiss, Leica, Prior); 5. Centrifugation; 6.Automatic Tissue Processor and Microtome; 7.Laminar Flow; 8.Detection of COVID19 IgG ANTIBODIES BY CLIA (BY ISR 2000 ABBOTT); 9.Hot Air oven; 10.Elisa Reader;
- Skin smear and skin biopsy collection from suspected cases: Imprint smear preparation,Giemsa staining & microscopy for Leishmania Donovani parasite for PKDL diagnosis, treatment and follow-up studies. Collection of Skin biopsy & Punch biopsy of skin from suspected PKDL cases for Q-PCR test.
- Detection of COVID19 IgG antibodies by clia (BY ISR 2000 ABBOTT) in COVID 19 positive cases and others.
- Demonstration of L.D bodies for Practical assessment of PKDL cases slides to medical laboratory technician and medical officers of different dist. Of Bihar and Jharkhand being conducted at our institute.
- Role of CD2 adhesion molecule in protective immunity against visceral leishmaniasis established and the feasibility of use of CD2 as as immune-modulator shown as immuno-chemotherapy.
- Differential role of T-cell in cellular immune response in same host against different Leishmania donovani strain reported in visceral leishmaniasis.
- Role of ABC transporters in drug resistance in a collaborative study and immunological features in HIV-VL co-infection are very useful for future research.
- A new whole Blood Assay system for innate immune function in VL patients and under malnutrition was established in a collaborative study. (Indo-German Project)
- Study of Imprint smear microscopy and PCR application on biopsy from dermal lesions for diagnosis of Post Kala azar dermal Leishmaniasis cases in Bihar.
- Study of Immunopathology of Post Kala azar Dermal Leishmaniasis(PKDL)-T-cell subsets.
- Cytopathological and Immune cells involvement in leucocytes trafficking in PKDL patients with macular and papulo-nodular dermal lesions.
- Study of Haemoglobinopathies in anaemia of kala-azar cases from Bihar.
- A study of the clinico-hematological manifestations in relation to bone marrow cytology & parasite load in co-infected cases of Visceral Leishmaniasis & HIV.
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org